Northumbrian Water Scientific Services (NWSS) has considerable expertise in the chemical and microbiological analysis of purified and pharmaceutical waters. This includes:
- waters used in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- a broad range of purified waters used in industry
- waters for injection (WFI)
- a range of Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) waters including:
- washer disinfector waters (HTM 04-01)
- steam steriliser waters (HTM 04-01)
Our Horsley laboratory is a dedicated microbiology facility that has been inspected by the MHRA against GMP standards, for both European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) and the
United States Pharmacopeia (USP). We are also compliant with several Health Technical Memoranda (HTM 04-01) and hold
UKAS ISO 17025 and DWTS accreditation.
Example microbiological parameters:
- coliforms & E.coli
- total viable count (TVC)
Example chemical parameters:
- heavy metals
If you would like to discuss your analysis and testing requirements further then please contact our dedicated Customer Team and we’ll be happy to help.